A "swipe file" is a collection of marketing examples used for inspiration for your own creativity. Save the headlines, emails, ads, landing pages, and marketing that inspires you to your own Notion page.
1. In Notion, create a new page with "+ Add a page".
2. Name your page "Swipe File" and select the "Gallery" option under the database section. This will create 3 sample pages that display as a Gallery on your Swipe File page. These will eventually be your marketing examples.
3. Delete the sample pages by clicking on the 3 dots ... in the right-hand corner and selecting Delete.
4. To create Tags for your examples, go to Properties and switch on the Tags property. You can use this to categorize your examples: Email, Headline, Landing Page, Pop-Up, Classic. Whatever works for you. You will be able to sort & filter by these tags.
5. You can customize your Swipe File page by adding an icon, cover image, and description. Hover over the Swipe File title on the page and you will see these options appear.
6. To add marketing examples that inspire you, click "new" within the Gallery. Add your title, tags, and comment about what you like. Copy an image or link to the page of your example.
7. Pretty soon, you'll have a wonderful gallery of the marketing that inspires you. You can sort and filter. You can search. You can share with others.
Use Notion Web Clipper to save web pages directly to your Notion Swipe File page.
A great resource for direct mail is Who's Mailing What. Terrific for seeing what others in your industry are mailing.