Set up a simple & friendly emoji feedback on your web site.
1. Set up a free Hotjar account if you don't have one yet.
2. Copy the script Hotjar provides you to the <head> section of each page you want to display the survey. Your account will have a unique script. Then use Hotjar to verify the installation to make sure you have done it correctly.</head>
3. Go to the "Incoming Feedback" section of Hotjar to begin to set up your survey.
4. Define the appearance of your feedback including the emoji style and the location of the feedback button that the visitor will click to provide you feedback.
5. Write the question you want to ask such as "How would you rate your experience?" or "Did you find what you were looking for?" or "How are you today?"
6. Set the targeting for the survey. You can select devices (desktop, tablet, mobile) and specific web pages.
7. Turn on the survey.
8. Once you start to get responses, you will be able to see the dashboards and results in context of your website, providing you information on sentiment of your visitors while they are interacting with your site.
If someone on your website is willing to give you feedback, this is a great touchpoint opportunity. You can ask for their email to follow up with them. Hotjar provides this option within the survey.